12 MAY 2014 - 12 APRIL 2016

Monday, June 16, 2014

Youth Baptism Sessions, 11 Jun 2014

We decided at 8:10 a.m. to take in the 9 a.m. session at the temple.  I hadn't showered yet, so I jumped in, dressed, did my hair, and we were in our seats in the chapel just before 9 a.m.  That is so amazing!  We cannot get over how wonderful it is to have the temple so convenient.  We enjoyed the session and seeing the workers on the morning shift, some being the Parkinson's who came over with us and the Murdoch's who know Spencer in Logan.

The gardeners are out in full force with trimming, cutting, mowing, and sweeping the grounds.  They do not have sprinkling systems as they rely on the weather, but new plantings were in need of a drink, so they were out hand spraying them with a hose attachment.  They are also re-painting all the light posts and barriers.
We watched them plants these flowers two weeks ago.

There are beds of them on each side of the temple.
The baptistry was empty until a session of youth came in at 7 p.m.  There were two other families of children to do baptisms as well.  We organized the group, secured enough brothers and sisters, and got underway.  President and Sister Crossland were down to help as well.

We finished up, gathered up all the towels and laundry, stuffed them in the washers and turned them on, straightened up the lounge, and finished up the paperwork.  I was tired when I went into the locker room to change to go home.  Only one other sister was in there and we had a short visit.  I glanced at my watch to see it was 9 p.m.,  and then headed for the outside door.   I thought:  "It will be dark outside but it is not a far walk home."  To my surprise, because I really didn't think it through, I opened the door to light!  The sun had just gone down and dark wasn't for another hour or more.  It was quite the feeling, but I was still tired.  At home, it took about another hour for us to wind down, relax, and be ready to fall asleep.

The good thing about the late hour is that it is early afternoon in Arizona.  Today is Trevor's birthday so we gave him a call via face time.  We had a nice conversation and wished him well.

Happy Birthday, Trevor!

No comments:

Post a Comment