12 MAY 2014 - 12 APRIL 2016

Sunday, June 8, 2014

Waking Up To Rain, 7 June 2014

We were out the door at 7 a.m. and walked into rain!  What a surprise after yesterday.  It rained most of the day but was gone when we got out of the temple at 2 p.m.  We had three baptism groups with family cards and some doing baptisms for the dead for the first time.  The two wards brought enough brothers with them to handle recorder, witness, and baptizer positions.  There was also a volunteer couple that handled handing out clothing and taking the wet clothing and towels to the laundry and loading the washing machines.  There were also two new sisters assigned to the baptistry that we trained.  It was wonderful to have plenty of help, which made the sessions run smoothly.

Dad was doing some of the baptizing and came to the name, Eliza Brown.  It caught him for a moment as that is his great grandmother's name and who Katie's baby is named for.  Dad fondly remembers his great grandmother having been around her until her death when he was aged 10.  He attended her funeral and burial in the Manti cemetery.

The engineer (repairman) came over after we were home and tried to adjust the doors on the bedroom closet as they drag on the carpet.  He was unsuccessful as they are adjusted as high as they will go.  He replaced the light bulb in the refrigerator and installed two doors inside the freezer.  Each shelf is a drawer or there are doors on the shelf.

We both took naps, had dinner, I washed our temple clothes, and we went for a walk.  We enjoyed the fresh air and the beauty that daily surrounds us here.

See the moon!
We too our garbage and stopped by the wheeled bins for disposal.


England has a regulation that if you own a television set you have to pay a yearly license fee to watch it.  That applies to watching programs as they air on computers, tablets, mobile phones, xbox, etc.  I didn't know if I could watch hulu or ABC app for programs aired the day before.  I was told I can and then tried.  One problem:  They both come up saying I cannot since I am not in the United States due to licensing laws.  I then searched on the Internet to watch the series, "Castle," in the UK.  I can, I just have to pay a fee to do so.  We will see what we do once the new season starts in the fall  


1 comment:

  1. I've never heard of having to pay a fee to watch something that you already own. I was going to say "that's unAmerican, but you aren't in America, are you. Now having to pay for cable, or satellite, that I do understand. I read an article that our government wants to charge an extra tax for certain sugared stuff, like sodas and cereals, and desserts.

    ReplyDelete