12 MAY 2014 - 12 APRIL 2016

Sunday, July 6, 2014

Last Day Of The Week, 5 Jul 2014

The warm spell has eased some as we woke up to rain this morning and slightly cooler temperatures. It was even enough rain that I used the umbrella on my 2 1/2 minute walk to the temple.  When we came out, though, it was not needed.

We were busy with over a hundred patrons from the Cardiff stake and three youth baptismal sessions.  On Saturdays both shifts overlap for about two hours in the middle of the day when the largest attendance occurs. My area was continually busy with patrons.  We accommodated one sister in a sit down walker.  She was unable to make it up the stairs to a session so she came to our area for participation in other ordinances.

Saturdays are different and I learned on this day that there are more patrons and less workers in my area.  It had its challenges in meeting needs, but we made it through.  Only one time did I call for assistance and the sister that was supposed to be in my area was where I called.  She came quickly and we were able to continue.

We were home about 3 p.m.  I took a nap and then finished reading The Rent Collector.  I really enjoyed the story even though my heart would break at times in reading about the extreme conditions the people lived in, along with the complete removal of any sort of human rights.  I was reminded of the tremendous blessings my family with being born at this time and in America.  I am humbled at all we have; the conveniences of life we so easily take for granted.  If anyone is looking for a good book about courage, service, repentance, gratitude, and a giving heart, pick it up.
It will warm your heart and soften your spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment