12 MAY 2014 - 12 APRIL 2016

Monday, November 10, 2014

Temple Week #22 And Being Sick, 4- 9 November 2014

We started the week with me being sick.  We were scheduled to be baptistry coordinators, but were changed.  The doctor said to stay home until I felt better.  My days consist of getting up late, eating, watching a lot of Netflix, blogging, reading, resting, etc.  The meds are working well and I am feeling better each day.  I do not want to go back until I have had a good night's sleep and the cough is gone.  If I were to cough in the temple everyone would think I was a giant frog.

As I began to feel better, I did some cleaning and sorting through the rooms.  It is amazing how much we keep.   I also went for a haircut and Bob was busy with getting the car fixed.   He found a local mechanic that works on Peugeots and knew what to do.  I also helped Sister Hale get back on Facebook after not being on it for a year.  I also helped sister Basten with her family history.

By Thursday, I was doing much better and decided Friday was the day to return to the temple.  Being back went well.  I had a light rota that helped a lot.

We had nasty weather the end of the week and the temperature dropped to 0º one morning.  That was a bit nippy and wind and rain joined in the misery.  We decided it was time to turn the heat on in the flat.  Dad asked one of the engineers and we talked with Sister Davis and got it going.  It was a trial and error but Dad figured it out.  We had to rearrange the furniture in the living room in order to get to the thermostat.

We have gotten nice emails from some of the children and this nice picture of Nelson's family:
At the Phoenix Temple Open House:  Pearson, Julie, Jack, Isabel, Nelson.
i am glad you are on a mission so we can come and visit you and be able to see places in London. I am was amazed at bodium castle and the battle abby. I was glad that you guys could come to it made it alot funner. thanks for being on a mission in england. 
                                                              Love Bridger
Grandma and Grandpa,
 It was cool going to the castles, going to London and staying on the temple grounds.
I am glad that you are serving a mission at the temple. So people can learn the gospel all over the place and so there are more members of the church. The stay on the London England temple grounds was really really AWESOME! I'm really glad that you went on a mission so we can visit you a lot.
                                                              Love, Sam
Dear Grandma and Grandpa Brown,
I miss you! I am glad that you are serving a mission. I wish I
could have come to visit you with my mom and dad. I hope you are
having fun at the temple. I love you.
Love, Emelia Louise Welker

Dear Grandma and Grandpa Brown,
It was fun visiting you. Tell Sister Smith "Thank you" for
babysitting us. I am glad you are serving a mission. It gave us a
reason to go to England. I liked seeing the London Temple a each day.
It is neat that you get to live so close. I love you!
Love, McKenna

Dear Grandma and Grandpa Brown,
I wish I could have come on the airplane to see you. I love you.
Love, Nick


Happy Birthday, Danny!  He had another one and Dad and I called to wish him a happy one.  We had a great conversation and he is as spry as ever and looking forward to what's coming ahead.  It was good to talk with him and know that he is well.










Saturday night found us at movie night and watching "Amazing Grace."  Neither one of us have seen.  It is the story of William Wilburforce, the man responsible for the ending of the slave trade in England in 1797.  His story and the journey he took in the cause of human rights is indeed 'amazing.'

We enjoyed Church on Sunday and then the Garrett's came for dinner at 5 p.m.  It was nice to visit with them and help them get a little more grounded in being here.  They are stark reminders of how we were just a few short five months ago.

The holiday season is fast approaching and music is starting to ring around the temple grounds.  We were off to choir rehearsal and then I practiced the piano to accompany a special number for the program next month.  It appears there will be plenty of firesides, dinners, and other events to keep us occupied while not being with family.

From Home:  
Baby Eliza is showing off again!

No comments:

Post a Comment